This Flash Start section is meant for those who wish to get started in a few seconds. A good option when using Rons WebLynx for the first time. Rons WebLynx was designed to be as instinctive and self-explanatory as possible so, after step 4, one can easily start discovering the application by clicking around.
- Rons WebLynx is file-based so let's start by creating a new file from the Rons WebLynx Dashboard. Click on One-Click Start. A new file named "My Bookmarks" opens immediately. This file is saved in your C: Drive in "Documents".
- Under the familiar tree-structure Folder section on the left, create your first folders and sub-folders. You can also use the ones that we have created for you, or remove or rename them as you wish. For now, we added a few links under the Home folder about Rons WebLynx which we thought might be useful to you. We also created some Example Folders for all the links that you might use regularly ('Frequent', 'Administration', 'Work', 'Leisure', 'News' etc.). We created a folder called Import, where we automatically imported any links or favorites that you have saved in your browsers. Finally, we created a Software folder with links to the information pages of other software applications developed by us, Rons Place Software, as we would not want to miss this opportunity to allow you to discover our wonderful products 😉.
- Under the Tag section on the left, create your first tags. For example, create tags for all the links that you want to quickly highlight ('Important', 'Read later' etc.).
- Drag and drop some links from a browser page onto a tag, folder or the central area. There are several other ways to import links, but for now we want to keep it short.
- Now that you have a few links available, select one of them and discover the side panels sections that are located on the right. Hover over them to see their names, click on them to open them starting probably with Link Page (browser view) and Link Content.
You can now explore all the options available. We do advise ultimately to read our guide and articles so that you can make the most of your bookmarks and Rons WebLynx, and don't miss out on any interesting features (Automatic Filing, Landing Zone, Browser Integration etc.).